SANTA ROSA, Calif. – The Emerald Cup is proud to announce they will be going virtual and global for the first-time during their 2021 edition. Long known as the “Academy Awards of Cannabis” the iconic global cannabis competition will launch their own CTV channel on the SocialClub TV platform on April 5, 2021. With countless hours of linear programming launching over the all 6 days leading into the live-cast of the world-renown The Emerald Cup 2021 Awards Ceremony on Sunday, April 11, 2021.
Fans of the event – new, old and all across the planet – will be able to enjoy:
- High wattage exclusive live-musical and comedy performances (line-up revealed later this week)
- Insider access to the judging of awards with special appearances by B-Real (Cypress Hill/Dr. Greenthumbs), Jimi Devine (LA Weekly) and Abdulluh Saeed (Great Moments in Weed History Podcast)
- A visual history of iconic moments from The Emerald Cup in a documentary format
- A full library of past The Emerald Cup shows spanning 17 years of events
- Fireside chats with leading names across the cannabis, and now psychedelic industry
- Expert filled educational panels concerning topics including “The Cannabis Plant: Terpenes And Beyond”, “The future of Cannabis Genetics Around The Globe” and “Real Social Equity: Creating Impact not Impressions”
- Interviews with hosts and founders Tim and Taylor Blake, Willie Nelson Lifetime Award recipient Winona LaDuke and many more
“The Emerald Cup 2021 is the global gathering that all cannabis enthusiasts should attend,” shares founder, advocate and author Tim Blake. “As we navigate a world turned “virtual” we are eager to bring our community to the global stage with never before access made possible by Social Club TV. The luxury of creating our event during the pandemic, and in this new spring season time slot, has allowed us to capture all the moments that go unseen, create intimate conversations, spread education, and enjoy the music and culture that surrounds our gathering. Our TV channel on SCTV will become the destination for all our fans now and forever.”
“The transformation of The Emerald Cup 2021 from a yearly staged experience into one that can be watched on-demand is not an easy feat,” shares Social Club TV’s CEO Josh Otten. “By launching an entire channel dedicated to the Emerald Cup we can enable content from the past, present and future to be delivered to fans across the globe and give the Emerald Cup a permanent platform that moves beyond the event-based experience and into a real multi-media destination.
To follow the fun on social media at @theemeraldcup and visit www.thesocialclub.tv for programming updates.
ABOUT THE EMERALD CUP:
The Emerald Cup is now the world’s premier virtual cannabis destination and iconic live event. While advancing the concept of sustainable, outdoor farming, the 17-year old organization’s reputation is firmly solidified as the largest, most respected, outdoor cannabis competition in the world. As a group, The Emerald Cup prides itself in bringing together experts and educators in the cannabis industry to our fellow farmers, patients, and patrons each year. A community celebration that has grown to become a global movement honoring the year’s finest, organic, sun-grown, cannabis harvest has stood as a celebration of excellence and founder Tim Blake as a guardian of the industry. www.theemeraldcup.com
ABOUT SOCIAL CLUB TV:
Social Club TV is the fastest growing cannabis focused Connected TV (CTV) network in the world available in over 150M homes with free-to-watch, AVOD supported, original and exclusive content from some of the highest profile content creators. Available on AppleTV, Roku, AndroidTV iOS, Google Play, Plex, Struum, PlutoTV, Phillips and on the web at www.thesocialclub.tv. Social Club TV features 500+ hours of movies, documentaries, docu-series & lifestyle content, featuring some of the biggest names in cannabis such as DNA Genetics, Berner, Jim Belushi, and B-Real/Cypress Hill. With over 7M minutes watched every month we are the destination for premium broadcast quality cannabis, hemp and lifestyle TV shows.